Sunday, September 29, 2013

Race for the Cure



Today was an experience I will never forget in all of my life...

 
 It was an emotional day to say the least.  We ended up with a team of 42 people in support of our friend and it was amazing!  I am continually amazed at the strength and the fight of so many women...What an honor it was to lace up my running shoes and race for a good cause...
 
Before the race the sponsors took a photo of all of the women who are fighting or who are survivors... Tears streamed down my face as I watched women of all ages, shapes, sizes, and at all stages of breast cancer walk up to take their place in the field where their bodies made the shape of a pink ribbon.  To know that all of these women have faced the same fight and are coming out on the other side is overwhelming...
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
To all the women out there fighting... Keep doing what you are doing...Fight the good fight... Stay strong and fight like a girl... You are inspiring...
 
If you ever have the honor of taking part or donating to this cause, please do so... You can here...
 
I hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment