Friday, April 19, 2013

Random Thoughts...

Today was a gloomy day... After such a beautiful one yesterday, I couldn't help but feel a little sad.  I really wish spring would come.  Our family is an outside family.  When the weather is warm we start the day with coffee outside on the deck and finish the day playing with the kids in the yard as the sun goes down and the street lights come on...



Honestly, today was one of those days that I put the kids to bed with a heavy heart.  We didn't accomplish much today.  The truth is, all of the indoor fun stuff is exhausted.  The play doh, shaving cream, paints, chalk, making cookies, board games....You name it, we have exhausted it...  We probably spent too much time watching TV and we didn't get out of pjs until we went to dinner tonight.  We had pizza for dinner and I didn't feel like fighting the kids on veggies, so I didn't... Of course that was the highlight of their day!

Nine days from today I will be running the Glass City Half Marathon.  It is weighing on my mind.  I have been training hard for it.  I'm ready... I haven't raced or trained in this capacity since The Chicago Marathon in 2005.  Back then I was 23, just married and had life by the horns... Now I am 30, a mother of three under age 5 and really working on keeping running my priority.  More than anything I don't want to fail... Fail myself that is... I know I can run 13.1 miles, I just don't know how well.  Will it be the 7:45 pace that I am shooting for?  Will it be the 7:15 pace that I am running now?  Or will it be worse?  I don't have a goal for a reason... The job is done.  I wanted to train hard, have a reason to run, and feel the rush of working towards something.  This race has done that for me.


LNC Designs has had a lot of activity lately and that feels nice.  If you haven't stopped by the shop, please do.  You can find it here.  You can also look here for the descriptions to a lot of the products I sell here and here.  I always love to hear what people think, so if you like what you see or if you have any suggestions let me know.  I would love to hear from you.

We have a busy weekend planned.  Soccer games tomorrow morning, our last long run tomorrow afternoon, and a birthday party in the evening.  It's going to be a great one! 
 
What are you up to this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment