Sunday, November 24, 2013

a time to be grateful...

Today was one of those days...
 
The sun shining in the windows in that perfect kind of way.  The edges of the windows lined with frost... Enough to tell you that there is a chill in the air... The kids were playing so nicely together... I had my big mug of coffee, I was in cozy pj's and slippers...
  At that moment I felt the calm come over me that I have been waiting on for so long. 
 Life is getting back to normal.
 
It has been a long few months... Waiting and planning for a move that finally took place.  The stress of moving compounded by the amount of work we had staring us in the face in the two weeks we had before move in was unreal...
 
  Surreal...
 
It is all done... the move that is... 
 
 The work continues and the house is quickly becoming a home...
 
Our home.
 
It's a time to be grateful for more than a new home for our family, but also for the friends and family who have helped guide us to this point. For my Mom who spent countless hours scrubbing bathrooms and woodwork.  My Mom who sat at our previous house into the early hours of the morning so that my husband and I could come over and work.  Who brought 12 bags of dirt to fill a hole... :) 
 
For sharing our dreams and seeing it come to life with us.
 
To my mother and father in law who came to help clean and complete projects we knew needed to be completed but didn't have the time to do.  For the encouragement to keep going because they too have taken on projects like this.  For their ideas, lists, and help.  For picking staples out of floors and changing ceiling lights.  Fixing toilets... and the list goes on. 
 
I am forever grateful for our family.  On both sides it pours over... They could have judged us and thought that we were crazy.  It would have been easy... Instead they took this on with us and helped carry the load.  Like they have many times before.  They all have a part in this place we now call home and I hope they feel the comfort and calm that I did this morning watching the sun shine in... 
 
Today I am so grateful for them...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment